In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: TOM SELLS
Occupation: Branch Office Administrator/Part-time Pastor
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
I have been married to my wife, Pam, for 41 years. We have two daughters, Jessica and Emily, and four grandchildren.
2. What is your occupation?
I am the branch office administrator for Edward Jones in Farmland and a part-time pastor at Clear Creek Congregational Church.
3. How many jobs have you had?
I have had nine jobs, my favorite was owner of my own photography studio, there is no least favorite one.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
Help unify the nations.
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Don’t compare yourself to others.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
RV travel, give to my family and charities, and invest the rest.
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list?
Travel to the Alps, Alaska, and New Zealand.
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
The personal computer.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
That I write poetry.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
12. What is your favorite memory?
Seeing my wife walk down the aisle.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
One day before they announced the winning numbers for the 400 million dollar lotto. Why? to be rich of course. LOL.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
I don’t know.
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
Too many favorites, House of Flavors, El Carreton, Referee’s, and Pizza King.
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
I have lived in Randolph County for 42 years. I spent 19 years in South Florida.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
Being a pastor.
18. Most important rule in life?
Forgive and forget.
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
Moving to Indiana from Florida.
20. Will you retire from your current job?
Five Fun Facts:
Can you dance?
Visit the Alps in the Tyro region of Northern Italy.
Hamburger on the grill.
Porsche 911 turbo.
Favorite type of music?
I like everything, except rap.