In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: Debbie Madler
Occupation: Business owner
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
Married to Ken Madler, owner of Hometown Hearing & Audiology, I have 6 children from previous marriages, 13 grandkids, 10 great-grandkids! No pets, (who has time?)
2. What is your occupation?
I am the owner and founder of Rose Gate Bridal. We have been open 10 years.
3. How many jobs have you had?
Previous occupation was a nurse for 24 years at Ball Memorial Hospital. I worked in Rehab and then in Internal Medicine Clinic, training the interns and residents for private practice.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
I admire Corrie Tin Boom, holocaust survivor for her ability to find blessings in such devastating circumstances and her ability for forgiveness. Really, I do have family members that I really do admire for their abilities too!
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
If I could change the world? I love the movie” It’s a wonderful life” and I think if people could see the other side and the outcome if things were done “differently” they might realize the real meaning of peace and love.
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Always find a way to help someone else! Give of your talents and gifts to help another.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
Pay off all bills- Retire to a warm area with a beach house!
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list.
Bucket lists are not my thing. I never thought about things I had to do before I die, I just work under reality of doing the things that mean the most to me which I have to say is spending time with my family and I really don’t care what we do, I just love being together most of all!
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
I suppose the computer, but it all has to do with “comfort and convenience items” otherwise.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
I am a very loyal person to both friends and family.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who are not honest.
12. What is your favorite memory?
Walking on the beach!
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
Back to the day my grandmother passed away, I didn’t know she had been sick and she passed away before I could get to the hospital to say goodbye.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
I don’t “need help”, very independent but really do need others.
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
We really don’t eat out much in the area …work too much!
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
I have lived in Randolph county for 42 years!
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
Bringing a beautiful upscale boutique to our town!
18. Most important rule in life?
Treat people fair and honestly.
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
I think my husband giving me a place to give my creative talents and love a place to thrive!
20. Will you retire from your current job?
I hope to someday retire but still be a part of my business!
Five Fun Facts:
Can you dance?
Yes, I can dance, and I love it!
Vacation always involves family fun – anywhere warm!
I love my van- hauling family!
Favorite type of music?
Anything but rap! (still haven’t loved it much)