In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: Kyle Osting
From: Winchester | Occupation: CEO and Artistic Director
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
I am a Winchester native, with the hope and passion to help the youth of today. My parents are Dallas and Dixie Osting. I have two brothers and one sister; Jay Osting, Shane Osting and Wendi Cross. I have three nieces and one nephew; Brittany Woodbury, Jaylei Osting, Lillian Cross and Landan Cross.
2. What is your occupation?
CEO and Artistic Director of INSPIRE at Dixie's Dance Studio.
3. How many jobs have you had?
I have had several jobs, my favorite was Siegfried and Roy at The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have loved all my performing jobs!!!!
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
I have always loved the good ole days with Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly and Ginger Rogers.
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
Eliminate NEGATIVITY- That Kills Everything!!
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
I would donate to the DAC Fund. * Dancers Against Cancer*
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list.
Vacation to Hawaii, Napa Valley and Europe.
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
Cell Phone-Apps- The ability to stay in contact with friends from all over the world.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
I Love Shopping and Traveling.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Gossiping behind someones back!!!
12. What is your favorite memory?
Traveling the world as a Dance Caravan Kid!!! Best experience ever.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
The early 2000s when I lived in VEGAS.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
YES- Dance Is A Sport!!!!
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
Grew up in Randolph County, but I have lived in Oklahoma City, OK; Chicago, IL; Las Vegas, NV; Biloxi, MS; Pigeon Forge, TN; among other places.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
Educating the youth of Randolph County in the arts!!!
18. Most important rule in life?
Make Yourself HAPPY!!!
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
Performing at Americano my senior summer of high school. I decided at this time to pursue my love of DANCE!!!
20. Will you retire from your current job?
I will retire at Inspire at DDS.
Five Fun Facts:
Can you dance?
YES- I can dance.
Hawaii is my dream vacation.
Favorite type of music?
I love the 80s music!!!