In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: Jason Logan
Occupation: Business owner
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
I am recently divorced with three children, Justin-14, Lilly-8, and Waylon who is 4.
2. What is your occupation?
I am owner of Jason’s Meat Market.
3. How many jobs have you had?
I have worked in multiple fields in my life. Farm, restaurants, and factories, but mainly construction from concrete and roofing to finish trim work.
My career as a communication lineman for a 15 year term.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
My family is number one. My father, mother, and all aunts and uncles have been great influences in my life. Outside of them, I would have to say I admire all the teachers and coaches out there who give their time to the children.
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
Feed the hungry.
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Let it go. Holding grudges will eat your soul.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
Buy an R.V., tour the country. That means I would disappear!! LOL. But, I would share most with the ones I love, and donate the rest.
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list?
Lots of traveling, sky diving, and get a hole in one already!!
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
Cell phone/ internet, because communication is key.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
I would like to learn to weld and fabricate.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
PUNCTUAL !! If you say you are going to be somewhere at a certain time. Then be there…
12. What is your favorite memory?
The day my daughter was born. Not my first born, not my youngest boy, but the day my daughter was born.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
Any day during the summer in the late 80’s when I was a boy growing up with my sisters and cousins. There’s something about those times that were just so simple. When real things mattered and the rest was just that. No cell phones, not 100 channels of bad news and drama on T.V. Just hard-working, good, small town people doing their best.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
That I made my living here at Jason’s Meat Market. Truth is, I worked 80 hours a day for days on end, year after year, all over the United States away from my family. This is how I got where I am today, and this is why we have Jason’s Meat Market.
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
From the breakfast at the Winchester Golf Course to the frog legs at the A&B Cafe, made-rites at the House of Flavors, everything delicious at Bogie’s Ice Cream, it’s hard to choose. I really like the Winchester Cafe’s cube steak, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be my mother’s house!!
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
I have not always lived in Randolph County. I was raised in Redkey, Indiana and attended Jay County High School. Soon after graduation, I followed my career to St. Louis, MO. where I lived for over four years.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
My children, hopefully, because I’ve done nothing. No, probably our donations to the county. My faith taught me to take care of the children in need and our service-men and women. So, we here at Jason’s try our best to help out where needed.
18. Most important rule in life?
The Golden Rule!! Matthew 7:12.
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
20. Will you retire from your current job?
Absolutely not. I will probably work until I pass.
Five Fun Facts:
Can you dance?
Angel Falls, Venezuela.
In my garage (‘67 RS Camaro).
Favorite type of music?