In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to: email@example.com.
Featured this week is: Bill Wilson
From: Farmland | Occupation: Former Teacher (retired)
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
My wife is Candy and my son is Kyle, who is an Architect. I have two grandchildren who are eight and four years old. I currently have no pets, but I am a dog lover.
2. What is your occupation?
I am a retired school teacher with 42 years teaching Math.
3. How many jobs have you had?
I was a groundskeeper at Ball State, a stock boy at Marsh Supermarket, a postal worker at the Muncie Sectional Center and a Math teacher for 42 years. My favorite one was teaching, by far. Least favorite was stocking at Marsh.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
My Math teacher at Muncie Central, Harold Finamore and my Participation teacher, Austin Cox.
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
Peace on earth and goodwill to man.
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Have faith in God and a loving family and friends plus an occupation that you truly enjoy.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
Share it with others.
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list?
(a) Travel (b) See the St. Louis Cardinals in a World Series (c) Service to others
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
I played LaCrosse for Ball State and I have backpacked in every mountain range in the United States.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who put themselves above others.
12. What is your favorite memory?
Shaking hands with Stan Musial.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
My wedding date because I met the love of my life.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am very outgoing when I am basically a shy person.
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
The Chocolate Moose.
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
No, I have also lived in Sharon, Pennsylvania and Muncie, Indiana.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
I always tried to make learning enjoyable for kids.
18. Most important rule in life?
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
20. Will you retire from your current job?
I retired in 2011.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
Can you dance?
Not very well.
CJ 7 Golden Eagle Jeep.
Favorite type of music?
I enjoy the music of the 60’s.