In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: Roy Meek
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
I have a cat named Tootsie. Pat Knasinski and Sue Symons are my cousins.
2. What is your occupation?
I am in retail, I Meek's Consignment Shop next door to the Attic Window in Winchester.
3. How many jobs have you had? Your favorite?, least favorite?
I have had one job retail. I have been in business for 45 years. I owned the china shop on the East side of the square where I sold my hand painted china and rented movies prior to moving to my current location.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
I greatly admire President John F. Kennedy.
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Honesty is the best policy.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
I would give most of it to the SPCA.
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list?
There is nothing remaining on my bucket list.
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
The flight to the moon led to a lot of technological innovations.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
Most people probably know everything about me.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I can't really think of one.
12. What is your favorite memory?
Christmas time when I was a child.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
I would like to visit the gay '90s. The 1890's were a peaceful time with a lot of really good people.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
That I am perfect??
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
My favorite place to eat is the Pizza House.
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
I lived for a period of time in Paris. Winchester has been very good to me. I got a lot of nice coverage in local papers when I opened the shop. A big department store wanted to sell my china, but I could only produce about eight plates every three days and they wanted a truckload every month.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
18. Most important rule in life?
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
20. Will you retire from your current job?
Yes, I am now retiring after 45 years.
Five Fun Facts:
Can you dance?
Chicken and noodles.
A 1956 Corvette.
Favorite type of music?
I like music that tells a story.